CHRONICLES

Thursday 5 June 2014

Vegetarian Stuffed Tomatoes

Happy Thursday everyone! It's been a while since I've logged on to my laptop, but I can definitely say that I am back and ready to do some much needed writing therapy. Furthermore, I am happy to announce that I am finally finished university as well as my student teaching for a lovely grade 6/7 classroom and cannot wait to see what the future has in store for me.

With that in mind, here's a super easy and healthy recipe to add some flavor in your life (especially if you are in that post-grad couch potato phase like me). And of course, with 3 weeks left for my much anticipated vacation, I am doing my best to limit the amount of process or fried food into my diet. I am so happy I now have the time to cook, workout and enjoy a little vitamin C!



What you will need:

1. 1-2 large tomatoes (I made 2 but I couldn't finish both of them)
2. Croutons or day old bread
3. Basil
4. Dried Oregano
5. Parmesan cheese
6. Olive oil
7. Salt and pepper
8. 1 egg

Instructions:

1. Cut an opening at the top of the tomato. Using an ice cream scooper or small spoon, scoop out the inside of the tomato leaving 1/2 inch at the bottom and the sides.
2. Mix together the croutons/bread, dried oregano, parmesan cheese, olive oil and salt and pepper together in a separate bowl.
3. Place stuffing inside tomato being careful not to overstuff it.
4. Put in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
5. Take stuffed tomatoes out of oven and break an egg directly over the opening of the tomato. To ensure the egg does not leak over the side, make a small ditch in the stuffing to hold the egg in place.
6. Put back in oven for 18-20 minutes.
7. Serve over arugula or other mixed greens you have in your fridge.

That's my little brightside, what's yours? xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and will try my best to get back to you with any questions or inquiries! Also if you want to follow each other please leave a comment here and I'll be happy to return the favour xx